Get snow effect

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Being thankful

Zera Villa BL 2-29. How wrong was I to think that I could complete amending the design and drawings within a day at the most! CYW took over this bungalow job from me during a time when he wanted me to focus full time on the TTDI 6D3 project. CY asked Khalid to prepare the construction drawings using the standard Zera Villa as a model.

Looking at the drawings this morning I was shocked that the structural arrangement drawings were far from complete and full of errors. You couldn't just use the standard Zera drawings to apply to any custom-designed Zera unit and expect it is conform to the architectural design.

Tomorrow 30/11/05 is the submission dateline. To complete amending the design I would require at least two week's of design and drawing time. There is no way that I could accomplish two week's work within one day. Besides I have the TTDI 6D3 project to attend to.

"What if I just update the key plans only and the beams and slabs to be revised at another time?" I asked myself. The only way to meet the drawing submission dateline of 30/11/05 is to update the structural arrangement drawings only. I would still submit the whole package including the beam and slab details to Comtrac tomorrow.

When I told Nelson about my plans, he quickly agreed. I am so thankful that the client agreed to accept such an arrangement. At least this will buy me some time to return to ongoing TTDI 6D3 project..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...