Get snow effect

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Aikido class on a rainy night

As usual, I went to the MAA HQ dojo in the evening after work. By the time I got there light rain was pouring down from the overcast sky. After opening the dojo, and switching on the lights I adjourned to the nearby mamak stall for my customary coffee and snacks. After returning to the dojo, the downpour had intensified and gotten heavier.

Glancing at the wall the clock showed the time of 8.00pm. "Who is going to come to the dojo to train in such heavy downpour?", the thought raced through my mind as I was preparing to leave. Just as I was about to exit from the dojo Low and INTI student Wu Fan stepped into the dojo. Surprise! Of all people I never expect to see Wu Fan. Before the semester holidays I thought he was joking when he told me that he wanted to train in MAA HQ throughout Nov and Dec. He said he wasn't returning to China during the Nov and Dec holidays. Just as we were settling down with warm-up exercises, in came Stanley Wong. Again, I never expect to see him coming in the rain.

We practiced mainly the three 5th kyu katate tori attacks and defense and some self defense applications during the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...