Get snow effect

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Phew! What an amazing day!

Today I am on 1 day medical leave. Today is such an amazing day of high anxiety and low tension!!

7.15am. Sent Amy to Richard's house in Cheras. She had arranged the day with Ah Seong to attend a job interview at Citi Bank in the morning.

8.30am. Rushed back to Kajang. Enjoyed a cup of hot coffee. Put together all the necessary papers for renewal of motor insurance and road tax.

10.00am. Left the house to make my way to MAA Kajang Branch. Within 1/2 hour settled the insurance fees by paying in cash.

11.00pm. parked the car at Metro kajang roof top car park then walked to the Kajang post office. Luckily there were only a few customers at the premises. Paid the JPJ about RM90.00 for the annual road tax renewal. At the same time bought 20 pieces of 30c stamps.

12.00pm. Returned to Kajang Metro Plaza. Registered both my hand phone and Anna's with Maxis under my name. Registration was free and involved filling up a form.

12.30pm. Bought vegetarian lunch for Anna and myself.

1.30pm. Picked up Anna at Tadika Kindergarten. Anna was pleasantly surprised that I bough lunch for both of us.

2.00pm. Called up Iris of Hwajing about the refund. Iris said to collect the checque from Hwajing at 6.00pm. On the phone she didn't sound so convincing and I was doubtful whether I would get the checque. Anyway I told her that I would be there.

As expected Anna was furious and threw a fit. She had expected Hhwajing to made good it's earlier promise to issue the checque.

2.30pm. With anna's help tore out the old road tax disc and replaced with the 2006 road disk.

3.30pm. Carvenzi delivery came to unload the furniture. There were two guys, the driver and his assistant. The bedside table delivered was not what we had ordered and we refused to accept the item. We deducted the cost of the bedside table from the final payment. The delivery man was reluctant to take the used furniture even though we gave him some pocket money. I could see that he was not satisfied with the RM15.00 that Anna gave him. After some persuasion he grudgingly loaded the used furniture into the truck. If the delivery man refused we would have to disposed off the used furniture ourselves.

4.00pm Amy called to ask me to fetch her at Richard's house while we were in the midst of arranging the new furniture and haggling over the price of token money. I could sense tension in the air.

The carvenzi delivery man was sullen, rude and uncooperative. This is the last time that we are going to buy any thing from Carvenzi.

4.30pm. The phone line went silent and unresponsive. The local telephone exchange must have malfunctioned. I had to call Amy on the hand phone.

4.45pm. Rushed to Cheras to fetch Amy.

5.30pm. Hwajing office. I was quite doubtful about receiving the checque as I and Amy approached the office. I was already thinking about an appropriate response if Hwajing dishonour it's word to pay up.

5.45pm. Finally Iris produced a checque and asked me to acknowledged delivery. Phew! What a relief!! All the anxiety suddenly vanished in the air and I was quite happy to receive the payment.

6.30pm. Returned home to Kajang. Anna complained that she could not contact Telekom using her hand phone. We had to call from a nearby pay phone. The call centre operator took down our particulars and promised to rectify the broken down line ASAP. Anna complained loudly while I gave only my hand phone number and excluded her's.

7.30pm. Dinner.

8.30pm. The phone connection as well as the internet access was restored. I was so glad that finally after such a trying time, all the problems were resolved by night time.


On hindsight I am glad that I took 1 day off from work, even though it is a medical leave. I don't know how I could have accomplished so many things if not for the 1 day medical leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...