Get snow effect

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Auto air cond vacuum malfunctioning

Sent my car to Kong Car Care Centre for routine maintenance servicing. Changed the engine oil, oil filter, spark plugs including engine flush and engine tuning, all these for RM101.00. Very reasonable charge compared to what Proton service Centre are charging their customers. For the same type of service I will probably have to pay the Proton service centre about RM150.00 to RM170.00.

This is the first time that I sent the car to Kong Car Care Centre (KCCC) for servicing. It occupies two lots and it is located along Jln Semenyih, next to the Mobile Station. It operates from 9.00am to 7.00pm Mon to Sat and from 9am to 4.00pm on Sun.

The mechanic told me that the air-cond vacuum unit is faulty and needs to be replaced. During idling time, the vacuum is not drawing fuel into the carburetor, thus the cause of excessive engine vibration. When I turned off the air cond, the engine run normal without any vibration.

After Kong Service Centre, drove to the nearest air-cond shop to inspect the vacuum unit. After testing the unit, the mechanic confirmed that the vacuum is indeed malfunctioning and needs to be replaced. The name of the shop is Kajang Auto Accessories & Air-Cond (KAAA). He asked me to return the car on Mon for servicing as he could not get his supplier to supply the vacuum unit today.

The mechanic appears to be a nice guy with a boyish look. His name is Joe Soh and he is probably the proprietor of the shop.

I remember not very long ago, this guy fixed the faulty lock mechanism of one of the door of my Proton for only RM5.00. I couldn't open and lock all the 4 car door with my keys at the same time. It was this guy who said the problem was due to a broken plastic lever that operates the locking mechanism of the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...