Get snow effect

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Looking for a digital camera

Lately I have been scouring the advertisements in The Star for digital camera promotions. It's time I get a camera for taking snap shots. After all I am taking a holiday with Anna in Dec and want to capture our holiday on film.

The camera must be reliable, functional and capable of taking decent pictures, yet friendly on the wallet. I am eying a middle range type of 3 to 5 megapixel capacity in the price range of under RM1000.00.

I never thought that there are so many brands of digicams awailable in the market until I started to look for one... a bewildered array of choices for the consumer to choose.

I have narrowed down my choice to three brands ie Kodak Easyshare C330, Olympus FE-100 and Samsung Digimax A402. All the three are 4.0 megapixel models and cost about the same price. This morning I saw an ad on the Sanyo Xacti VPC-S5. At 5.0 megapixel model and selling for RM600.00, it is definitely the best buy compared to the other three brands.

However other members of the clan don't appear to share my enthusiasm for the Sanyo camera...their rational: Sanyo is not known as a camera manufacturer and their products can't be comparable to the other established makes, thus the cheap price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...