Get snow effect

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Death-wish motorbikers on the road

This morning a crazy and speeding motor cyclist almost collided head on with my car. I was signaling and slowing down as I turned into a side road on my left when out of nowhere this biker came at me from the back like a rocket. Of course I didn't see him directly in the car mirror but I thought I caught a fleeting glimpse of a blurry object whizzing by.

Instinctively I jammed the brakes to slow down the car. If not for my instinct the biker would have rammed straight into my car. Luckily he just grazed the left front fender and did not crash onto the road surface.

Seeing that the man is not injured and his machine is not damaged and considering that my wife and daughter were also riding with me in the car, I decided to let it go and continue on my way. As I pulled away from the junction, I saw from the reflection in the mirror the guy had already dismounted and was glaring angrily in my direction menacingly.

I don't know who is at fault. What is important is that a fatal accident had been avoided and nobody got hurt. As for the MyVi I would have to fork out a tidy sum of cash to touch up the four lines of scratch marks on the fender.

There are two types of drivers that I am most wary of on the road: drivers of big vehicles eg trucks and buses and bikers. Of the two, bikers with an attitude are the most insane because of their maniacal driving and death-wish tendencies; as often times like this morning, when zigzagging along the road you can't see them until it is too late.

2 comments:

  1. u did the right thing by leaving the scene. jus b glad it wasn't worse. i have a phobia of incidents like these. avoid trouble is my motto whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In times of stress like this it pays to keep a cool head and a forgiving attitude. Too many incidences of senseless road rage that could have been better managed or avoided are sparked off by one angry party deliberately provoking the other over a minor mishap.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...