Get snow effect

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Replacing a broken washing machine hose

Both wife and me tried to change the original leaking outlet hose of the washing machine. Thought the job was a breeze but it turned out to be more challenging than I had first thought.

Without the washing machine manual, we had some difficulty disconnecting the old hose. Had to turn the machine upside down to inspect the hose socket.

Having found the socket we fiddled around with the hose before it could be disconnected. The wife was the one who finally figured out how to disconnect the hose. Sometimes she is a better handyman around the house than me.

Then to our horror we found out that the replacement hose that we bought from Tesco was too big to socket with the hose connector. Now i realise that the washing machine hose that you see in the market is not of standard size that can fit all brands of washing machine.

Am going down to the local hardware store to get a new replacement hose. This time I make sure that I take along the damaged original hose so that I can buy the one with the correct size.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...