Get snow effect

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Cutting spending on non-essentials

Last night Fri 6/6/08. 8pm. Yamada Sensei's Aikido seminar at Rakan Muda Pertaling, Puchong.

Including myself, there were about 30 people attending the seminar. What is so surprising is that of the total about one third of the total were Singaporean practitioners.

Considering Yamada Sensei is such a high ranking teacher coming all the way from Japan to conduct seminar for MAA members, the small number of local participants is quite a let down for Sensei. If not for the Singaporeans who make up the number the cool reception given by the locals is even more embarrassing for the organiser and the association.

Where are the locals I wondered? Maybe after the shock of the drastic petrol price surge of 40% few people are in the mood to pay RM120.00 to come to the three day seminar, beginning on Fri. Still suffering from post petrol-price-surge depression I myself initially wanted skip the seminar, but decided to go anyway in support of Sensei, and the work of the organiser and the association in organising the seminar.

3 comments:

  1. i like the fact u use 'depression'. It is true. It is depressing news when we take into consideration 2.70 is but an interim measure. The price hike is numbing in its effect. We all need to save money for kid education etc when all the odds r stacked against a kid succeeding when merits r not everything but other criteria r more important.

    but u have a point which i missed. I have taken for granted much of the good stuff we take for granted in our country. :)

    p.s. I like your blog. The layout is bright n cheery. Well organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning I bought an advanced bus ticket at the Jln Reko bus terminal in Kajang for my daughter's return to her university study in Terengganu early next month.

    "There is no increase in the price of the bus fare to Terrenganu. It cost the same amount as before the petrol price hike!" my daughter remarked with a sheepish grin after looking closely at the bus ticket.

    I am not too overly optimistic. Sooner or later the fare will go up as according to recent news reports operators in the transport industry are already clamoring for fare hike. Just savor and enjoy the reprieve while it last.

    Thank you for reading my blog. I write mainly ordinary and mundane stuffs to myself and didn't think that it would interest many people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:39 am

    hey
    u r frm inti nilai right?
    can u add me chatter_ben@hotmail.com/yahoo.com
    its important

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...