Get snow effect

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Early start to work

Yesterday daughter almost showed up late on her first day of work at the government veterinary office in PJ. All because she followed me in my car to work in the morning rush hour. Even when we left the house at 6.45am. others were on the road even earlier than us. The traffic crawl at Cheras delayed our arrival at the Mihaja LRT station.

This morning we decided to get up at 5.45am to prepare for the drive to KL. After washing up and breakfast we left the house at 6.20am. When we were on the road, it was still quite dark. Already a long stream of vehicles were heading towards the city. To my surprise we arrived at the Mihaja LRT station at 7.00am. After Mihaja I and daughter went separate ways: i took the LRT to Masjid Jamek LRT station, while she transited at Masjid Jamek to PJ via the Kelana Jaya line. She messaged me later on my cellphone that she had arrived at her work place before 8am.

After disembarking at Masjid Jamek at 7.30am, and with about one hour to kill I adjourned to the nearby mamak stall for the morning coffee and newspaper reading. It has been a long time since I found time to enjoy a cup of beverage before clocking in at the office. This morning's leisure coffee and newspaper time was a pleasant relief from the daily grind of rushing to the office.

After work at about 5.30pm. I and daughter met up again at Masjid Jamek LRT station for the ride to Mihaja. Being weary from work, I asked daughter to take over the wheels. She has improved a lot on her driving skills since the last time I allowed her to drive the My Vi. At least she didn't panic and stalled the car like in the past. So while she was at the wheel I was confident enough to take a nap during the trip from KL to Kajang. Maybe all the driving in KT has turned her into a competent driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...