Get snow effect

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Making friends with the pneumatic hammer


The sound of pneumatic drill and other hacking work coming from my neighbour's house that is undergoing a major renovation work is irritating to say the least. There is noise and unpleasant things happen, but if I become averse to them then I am creating hostility within myself. So the real suffering is not the noise but the stuff that I create in my mind.

The only way to stop the incessant din is to ask the neighbour to stop his renovation work, which is impossible. After all every thing is happening within is property.The other way is to adopt a realistic attitude towards the way it is.

I may not be able to stop the noise but controlling how I should feel is within my capability. When I start to accept the unpleasant situation as something temporary the noise ceases to be as disturbing to my mental state as before.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...