Get snow effect

Friday, September 27, 2013

A first indication of better things to come for the visitor?


After so many visits to this government clinic for my monthly medical check ups I have become familiar with the arrangement of the building and its compound.

There is a big signboard inside the compound beside the main entrance announcing that the clinic is undergoing renovation work. On the signboard the clinic management even appeal to the visiting public to bear with the inconveniences caused by the ongoing renovation work.

This signboard has been there since the first time I first visited this place four months ago. I never fail to look at the board because it is erected in such a prominent location that it is the first structure that greets you as you drive your vehicle up the ramp and past the main entrance to park your car in the compound.

All this time up until this morning I have never seen any sign of refurbishment work being carried out though I did see small piles of sand dumped here and there in the compound. The interior of the building and the compound where the public park their cars look the same then as they were before.

However this morning as I was queuing up behind about 30 people ahead of me waiting for the clinic to open its doors I suddenly became aware that the tarmac that I was standing on had been resurfaced. Surveying the environment I saw bold white lines being painted on the black tarmac to mark out the individual car parking lots in a herring bone type of arrangement.

That explains why today the cars were so orderly parked. Previously motorists parked their cars haphazardly as they like with no consideration for other users. There were many instances when some car owners resorted to asking the clinic management through the clinic's PA system to appeal to owners whose cars were blocking others to remove their vehicles.

The fresh tarmac and the new car parking boxes that I saw today are the first real improvement that I have seen coming.

The next change that I would like to see is a makeover of the interior of the clinic which has seen better days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...