Get snow effect

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Applying the finishing touch


Ding dong!

Someone is ringing the door bell and interrupting my conversation with my wife.

It is one of the Indonesian workers who are engaged by the next door neighbour to renovate his house.

He pointed to the unfinished brickwork on the common brick fencing with my neighbour's lot. I knew instantly that he wanted to plaster the bare brickwork on my side of the common wall. I knew because I had been pestering the Indonesian contractor for weeks on when he would send his workers over to plaster my side of the common wall.

After letting him and another worker in he went straight to work. Earlier I had placed some old newspapers on the floor to shield the flooring from being damaged by the plaster debris. However he came with a big piece of plywood that he used as a protective barrier to mount a wooden platform for the plastering work.

Working alone he finished the job within 30 minutes. On inspection I noticed that the workmanship was satisfactory.

Yesterday this was the same guy who replaced a broken roofing tile with a new piece. Last week he broke a piece of roofing tile while stepping on the car porch roof to plaster the common wall. I was glad that he owned up to his fault without kicking out a fuss after I spoke to him about the cracked tile.

Before he returned to my neighbour's lot he said to me that he would come back to apply the finishing touch, remove the staging and clean up the floor after the wet plaster had dried up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...