Get snow effect

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lucky stars, a Happy CNY story

At a gift shop in the Aeon Cheras Selatan Mall during the CNY holidays on Jan 27, 2012.

I noticed my daughter bought a few strips of assorted colour paper at the store.

I knew these strips are used for folding paper stars. Not too long ago I too folded paper stars from strips that I cut out out from white A4 paper, an activity which which gave me many hours of enjoyment.

Nevertheless, I asked her about the paper strips. "It's for making lucky stars," she said with the hint of a smile.

I knew that she wanted to make lucky stars for someone special. Knowing the identity of that special person in her life I conveniently chose not to ask her. That special someone is certainly not me, her dad nor her mom. Later she bought a fancy glass bottle from another shop.

As the threesome, me, wife and daughter continued our stroll along the the aisles of the shopping mall I started to think about folding lucky stars for that special someone in my life too.

I wonder where among the maze of folders in the pc hard drive that I had downloaded and saved that forgotten YouTube video clip on origami star folding. You see, I've already forgotten how to fold paper stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...