Get snow effect

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Aikido Founder O sensei Morihei Ueshiba in action




The old man in the clip is O-Sensei Morihei Ueshiba, the Founder of Aikido. At the advanced age of 78 years old O-Sensei moved with surprising vigor and agility, that put much younger men, including myself to shame.

O-sensei's Aikido is the aikido style that I have been studying and practicing for more than 15 years. Each time I watch these old black and white video clips of Aikido I see different aspects of O-sensei and his art which I had not noticed before.

It has been my good fortune to study a martial art whose lineage goes back all the way to the Founder. In his youth my late Aikido teacher Seeich Sugano Shihan was one of O-Sensei's many uchi-dechis (direct students). And through learning from Sugano Shihan, all his present day students are linked to O-Sensei through a continuous line of unbroken lineage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...