Get snow effect

Friday, December 23, 2005

The most expensive book

Bought a book from Borders called "The structure of Aikido". The book, written by Gaku Homma is about the relationship between sword techniques and the empty hand techniques in Aikido. I paid RM91.90 for the book. It is the most expensive book that I have ever bought in my life.

It is the first time that I come across a book that deals with the kenjutsu and the taijutsu relationship of Aikido with such clarity and in such detail. Although initially I felt guilty paying so much for the book, after reading it I felt it is worth the steep price.

For the first time I could clearly see how so many of the empty hand techniques are mirror images of the sword techniques.

The book will be a useful guide for teaching bokken applications to my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...