Get snow effect

Monday, December 05, 2005

All work on a rest day

I am taking one day off from work today. I am supposed to be resting, yet I am still rushing here and there trying to accomplish some tasks. I guess my holidays are just another excuse to do some kind of non-office work.

After breakfast sent my car to the workshop to fix the leak in the trunk compartment. The mechanic said the worn out rubber gasket has become hardened due to old age and would not stop water from entering the trunk. After changing the rubber gasket told the mechanic to repair the rear bumper. Thought the repair work was simply tightening some bolts here and there. How wrong I was. The mechanic took about two hours of bending, knocking into shape, dismantling and reassembly to fix the rear fender. For all the trouble that the mechanic took ( almost 3 hours) he charged me RM110 only for the replacement of the rubber gasket and the labour for fixing the rear fender. I was happy to pay up for the service.

2.00pm. Lunch of rice and mixed meat and vegetables with Anna at the local restaurant in town.

3.00pm Bought the ROZI bedside table from Carvenzi. We had to collect the furniture from the store which is located near to the sales room. Cost of the table was RM119.00. Paid by credit card.

4.00pm. Kajang Hardware, Jln Reko. Bought a piece of 3 feet by 11/2 feet aluminum sheet for RM7.50

4.30pm. Flower shop Kajang wet Market. Ordered a bouquet of sunflower for David's convocation on Sat. We are to collect the bouquet from the store on Sat morning. The shopkeeper charged us RM50.00 for the flowers.

5.00pm. After installing the bedside table, climbed up the roof eaves to fix the broken roofing sheet. I inserted a piece of aluminum sheet under the broken abestos sheet. Fortunately the damaged was confined only to the eaves. It would have been more problematic if the damaged had occurred to the interior of the roof.

It appears that my holidays are never holidays in the true sense of the word. Instead of resting there is always something that I need to fix or errands to run whenever I am taking time off from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...