Get snow effect

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Credit card scare

It was the first time that I couldn't use my credit at a major hypermarket.

Today is Christmas day and as it is a public holiday I and Anna went to Alamanda Carrefour to buy the month's groceries. Anna wanted to get a new curtain for the living room and she thought she could get a good buy at Carefour. By the time we finished we had bought about RM135.00 worth of groceries.

At the check-out counter even after the cashier had swiped my credit a few times the card reader refused to recognise the card. "Did the bank cancel my credit card facility?", the thought flashed across my mind. Fortunately, I had enough money with me to pay cash for the purchases.

One time in the past somebody used my credit card without my knowledge to buy gasoline. The bank found out about the fraud and cancelled the card after informing me about it. It took about two weeks later before I was issued a new card. During those two weeks I had to carry lots of cash with me in order to buy services and goods.

Called the credit card centre after dinner to find out the status of my credit facility. I was so relief to learn that my credit standing is still in order. My latest balance didn't indicate any unaccounted spending, thus ruling out credit card fraud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...