Get snow effect

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Meet Joe Swinger my new found friend

Wed 23/12/09. At a construction site in Jln Tun Razak



May I present you my new found furry friend? He is Orang Hutan's cousin. Unlike Orang Hutan who lives in the great rain forest of Borneo this guy is a city slicker, lives better than most people in his own private mansion located in an affluent Kuala Lumpur neighbourhood somewhere off Jalan Tun Razak. This lucky guy doesn't need to earn a living like you and me and he never goes a day hungry as he gets his bananas served on him like a royality surrounded by servants.

No need to worry about making a living he likes to show off his mansion by happily posing for the camera. Always mischievous he likes to clamber up the tree and swings merrily from its branches. It is his way of telling the world that not only is he the master of his mansion he also has his own private tree to play as he fancies. If he likes you he will break into a dance as if to show off his manly assets (or girlie assets.. not sure if he is a guy, a gal or whatever in-between...)



The truth is he is a cute monkey that I met in a construction site this morning as I was sharing a meal with my colleague in an Indon konsi canteen. .Someone told me that he was rescued from an uncertain faith at another site and brought to this site by some Indon workers. At that time he was just an infant separated from his family and found wandering aimlessly along the roadside. If he had not been picked up he would have been knocked down by passing motorists.

At first they just chained him to the tree with a rope and left him alone. Then later some kind hearted workers built him a timber monkey house (his mansion) to provide shelter from the rain and the sun. After some time the Indon and Bangladesh construction workers started to notice his playful antics and began to feed him bananas.

The monkey doesn't seem to be afraid of humans. I guess he his so domesticated that he has gotten used to having humans around all day. I saw him eating a banana calmly and leisurely off the out-stretched hand of a Bangladeshi worker. When I approached him with my camera phone in hand he was completely at ease and even invited me to snap still and action pictures of him in various playful pose. As I asked around nobody seemed to know what is his name or even has one other than the derogatory term "Monyet."

As I shall be seeing more of him with my daily visits to the site I shall just call him Joe Swinger since he likes to show off his ability by swinging from the tree branches.

I hope some day Joe Swinger can be set free of his bondage from humans and be returned to his natural habitat in the forest where he really belongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...