Get snow effect

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Morning sickness


Spirulina
7.30am Breakfast at home before going to work.

"Take 7 tablets. They are good for your body," wife pointed at the bottle of spirulina supplement resting on the shelf in the kitchen as she rolled a thin slab of margarine on the bread.
Morning sickness
According to the misses spirulina can help the body get rid of toxins. I took the 7 tablets with my morning coffee together with two slices of gardenia wholemeal bread.

Half an hour later as I was getting ready to leave the house, I suddenly felt giddy, light headed, vision gone blurry an upset stomach and a headache. I couldn't stand up without feeling dizzy and a loss of balance. So I had to lie on the sofa to rest for about 15 minutes before regaining control over my body sensation. By this time my stomach was bloated due to congestion and I had this urge to visit the toilet for relief.

Sick
After arriving at the office I gulped down about 1 litre of water and went to the toilet immediately. After flushing out all the toxins in my body I felt much better though the giddiness and blurry vision had not yet  receded. However compared to breakfast time I had a much better control of my faculty and body. I was ill for most of the whole morning and only started to recover gradually after lunch time. In fact at one point I wanted to take the day off to go home and lie down on the bed. If not because of a few pressing assignment datelines coming up I would have taken the day off.

I guess I was undergoing an internal cleansing crisis triggered by the consumption of the spirulina supplement. The giddiness, blurry vision, loss of balance and stomach spasms were probably symptoms of the body going through a cleansing processing. Maybe my illness has nothing to do with the spirulina tablets, but just a bout of food poisoning. On the other hand I vaguely recall such a similar episode when I first swallowed some spirulina tablets some years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...