Get snow effect

Monday, December 07, 2009

PC tantrums


My PC has been acting weird and testing my patience with its erratic behaviour for the past few weeks.

Sometimes when I switch on the PC early in the morning before going to work, nothing appears on the monitor screen. The green and red LED indicators will blink for a while indicating hard disk activity and then the red light would abruptly disappear leaving the green indicator to power on indefinitely with no blinking. However nothing registers on the screen as if the process is not transmitting data to the monitor. Even after a few resets although the process boots up the screen is still blank, empty of any messages and images.

Out of exasperation I would shut down the PC until evening when I return home from work. Then when I power on the PC the screen would magically come alive with the Windows welcome screenshot and the PC
would operate normally.

Last Sunday the monitor refused to power up even after I had repeatedly switch on and off the machine a few times in the morning, and afternoon. Thinking that the machine had finally died on me I sent it to the local computer service shop for service and repair.

When the technician switched on the machine the monitor screen immediately fired up, like everything was back to normal. The stupid PC was taunting and ridiculing me in front of the technician!

"What is wrong with the PC? Everything looks normal and ok," said the technician with an unbelieving look in his eyes. With a sheepish grin I explained the PC's weird behaviour. Not convinced with my explanation the technician successfully rebooted the PC three consecutive times without a hitch. "Since the operating system and the hardware are operating fine there is nothing to fix,"proclaimed the technician with an air of finality.

"Why don't I leave the PC in the shop for a day. You test run the machine a few times in the morning, afternoon and evening to see what 's happening?" I quickly suggested to save myself from further embarrassment and humiliation as I was already starting to feel like a prankster in the eyes of the technician. I hurriedly left the shop after receiving the customer order slip from the shop.

This evening I went straight to the shop at 7.30pm after returning from work. Fully expecting a technical diagnosis of the problem the technician ushered me to his work station, patted my back with a smile and proclaimed. "Your PC's fine and in good health. Nothing wrong with it. No hardware and software malfunction. Why don't you take the machine home!"

The stupid PC sure knows how to humiliate me to the maximum in front of other people. There's a limit to my patience. Heh, heh Mr big-shot PC watch out! When I loose my cool I am going to buy myself a brand new notebook and you are history!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...