Get snow effect

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

...a picture of dejection...

precariously close to
the edge
A picture of dejection

Tue 29/12/09. 9.30am. Taman Miharjah LRT Station.

As I was waiting for the train to arrive a red and beige dot scurrying on the far side of the platform precariously towards the edge suddenly caught my attention. As I squinted to focus my sight the little dot turned out to be a little boy.

He wore a red T-shirt and kakhi shots. Standing close to the edge of the platform, with his head dipping downwards towards his tiny chest as if deep in deep thought and his two hands clasping and resting on the small of his back he was a picture of utter dejection. Apparently he had wandered off from his mommy who was seated on the bench. Mommy was desperately trying to coax the naughty boy to retreat from the platform edge but he was in no mood to comply. With more rebuke from mommy the more the little boy inched towards the edge, until he stopped about 15 cm from the edge.

...the little dot scurrying in
the background...
Although the train was still far away from the station I was getting a little apprehensive about the boy and was wondering whether I should intervene by pulling the boy away from the edge. Then after this picture was taken the little boy appeared to have come to his senses and started to walked away from the edge towards the open arms of his desperate mommy. By this time mommy was getting up from the bench and hastening towards her son.

As I stood beside the other commuters in the train heading towards Bandaraya Station where I would get down I reflected upon what would happen to the boy or what would I have done had the train zoomed by while the boy was standing on the edge of the platform. Luckily for me the dreaded scenario didn't materialise.

"Phew! What a day of high drama," breathing a sight of relief I got down from the station in a peaceful frame of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...