Get snow effect

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Is observing Qing Ming just putting on a show?



Listening to a radio talk show.

One listener who questioned the purpose of Qing Ming claimed that most people who pray to their deceased parents on Qing Ming day were just putting on a show of filial piety to make up for their mistreatment of their parents when they were alive.

On the other hand I feel that the majority of the people who observe the annual Qing Ming festival do treat their parents well when they were alive and remembering them on Qing Ming day are their way of showing deep respect and gratitude to the unconditional love and guidance that they had received from their parents through the years.

Every time when I visit my deceased parents' tomb on Qing Ming day I have this sense that I am reconnecting with them in spirit though they are no longer in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...