Get snow effect

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Qing Ming Festival in Ipoh


The weather is fine, no showers. The windy breeze provides some relief from the morning sun. Family members swept, cleaned and offered prayers to remember and honour our ancestors at my grand parents and parents' tombs.

The fading inscriptions in the tombstones proclaim that my ancestors originated from a county-level city known as Sihui in Guangdong Province China.

I still remember when I was a kid my grandmother who was still alive at that time told me that the first generation came to the then Malaya by junk to settle in Nibong Tebal, Seberang Perai, Pulau Pinang. To this day I believe my first generation great grand parents' tombs are still in Nibong Tebal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...