Get snow effect

Friday, April 20, 2012

Impatient caller

You can tell from the way people ask you questions whether they are serious or not in wanting to learn anything.

Impatient Caller: Is there a dojo in Bangsar area?
Me: No. We don't have a dojo in Bangsar.
Impatient Caller: You have dojos in Cheras and Brickfield areas right? (he already knew and self-answered his own question faster than I could open my mouth)
Me: Yes. Our nearest dojo to Bangsar is in Brickfields (trying to be helpful by providing factual information)
Impatient Caller:I'm a beginner and I want to learn Aikido
Me: OK. Fine . You are welcomed.
Impatient Caller:As a beginner how fast can I do bokken work?

Impatient Caller represents the typical me generation. Always want quick fixes and instant gratifications instead of investing the time and effort needed in seeking knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...