Get snow effect

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Auspicious Beginnings of Peace and Harmony


Ilike the script in this scroll so much that I and my wife decided to paste two of them side by side on the window glass panel to welcome the Chinese New Year.

In English the 4 Chinese characters of 三阳和谐 (san yang he xie) means "Auspicious Beginnings of Peace and Harmony."

The phrase is written by Ven Master Hsing Yun, a renowned Buddhist monk from Fo Guan Shan monastery in Taiwan.

Of the two scrolls in my possession, one of them was given to me when I and my wife visited Fo Guan Shan Monastery in Taiwan as tourists in December 2014. During the Taiwan visit Fo Guan Shan Monastery was one of the tour itinerary.

As for the other one, it was given to me by members of the local Fo Guan Shan centre in Taman Puncak Jalil where I am now serving as an OPM volunteer.

I like this particular scroll because the script has deep spiritual meaning, so unlike the common CNY scripts that focus on materialistic themes such as wealth, good fortune and prosperity.

Wishing everyone a Happy Chinese New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...