Get snow effect

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Inti Aikido gathering night

Inti College, Nilai. Wed 11/2/2015


The Wed regular class was cancelled. Instead the members decided to organise a BBQ gathering night. Days before all the members were invited to attend the gathering via WhatsApp.

Although all the members of the club were invited some could not make it to the event due to work obligations. Then there were other non-club invited guests who didn't show up.

By the time I arrived at 7.00pm the members were already busy setting up the fire at two BBQ pits. I walked over to the pit where Nigel was busy fanning the charcoal to try set up a fire. I then decided to help in fanning the fire, at first with old newspaper and then later with a paper plate. Meanwhile some members were busy arranging an assortment of meat items on the skewers.

By 8.00pm when the fire was deemed ready all of us placed the skewed meat on a wire mesh laid over the flame to cook the meat. It was the first time that I had ever try my hand grilling meat over a charcoal fire. On hand to guide me was Nigel who is an old hand at cooking BBQ meals. Still due to my inexperience I overcooked some of the food.

Originally the organising committee had planned some games but due to the low turnout decided to cancel the games. Before the event ended at 10.00pm everyone was given a T-shirt printed with a beautiful Aikido artwork design to wear during the next training session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...