Get snow effect

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pushing Hands in the Park




This was what happened to me at few times when my training partners came to know about my Aikido background.

With all inhibitions off I soon became the recipient of some no holds barred throws and pulls that sent me crashing to the hard pavement a few times.

Unbeknown to my training partners to Aikido people the floor is their most natural and friendly environment because they spend a good deal of their training time interacting with it, rolling and breaking fall, much like water is to the fish. I took all the throws good-naturedly and bounced back by rolling myself up to standup position from the pavement.

I don't think that they deliberately wanted to injure me. On the other hand confident that I would know how to take care of myself on the ground without getting hurt my presence gave my push hand partners the opportunity to try out how far they can go to unleash power.

A good training session indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...