Get snow effect

Sunday, April 06, 2014

In a Time of Water rationing Indescribable Happiness is having Clean Running Water


As I knew water supply in my residential area has already been restored and anticipating water already circulating in the cold water plumbing system I turned on the kitchen taps immediately after I returned home from the day's outing only to be bitterly disappointed to see not a single drop of water flowing out of the taps.

My first thought was perhaps the air trapped in the plumbing system was obstructing the passage of water.

Then on inspecting the external water meter I found out that the problem was not due to air locks in the system but due to somebody turning off partially the stopcock valve, hence shutting down the water supply to the house.

My happiness was indescribable at the glorious sight of clean water gushing out from the faucet as soon as I unlocked the stopcock valve.

For many folks who take uninterrupted clean running water for granted, it takes a crisis such as water rationing to appreciate the fact that water that is fit for human consumption and survival is not only a very precious commodity, but more importantly it is also a non-replenishable resource in the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...