Get snow effect

Saturday, December 01, 2012

Owning the first home


My son collected the keys from the developer to his newly completed semi-D house this morning. He is only 28 years old.

In a similar situation 30 years ago at age 31, I remember how happy and full of gratitude I felt as a house owner when I collected the keys to my first house in Kajang. 


That house is only a 15 ft x 55 ft 2-storey terrace house. A humble abode (only 875 sq ft) no doubt but to me grand enough to provide shelter and protection that enabled me and my wife to raise a family and where the family is still living there today.

With my son owning his first home I feel life has turned a full circle for me and my wife.

All our children are grown ups with their careers and life partners. I feel the time has come to relinquish our parenting role and let them go out into the world to find their own destiny and build their own nests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...