Get snow effect

Sunday, October 07, 2012

Parking experience

Mines Shopping Fair. Parking experience
 

When you insert your ticket into a self-service parking vending machine you would expect the vending machine to flash the amount of fee that you are required to pay before making the payment. Looking up and down and to the left and right side of the colourful machine I couldn't find any indicator to tell me the amount to pay. So I just inserted a RM5.00 bill into what I presumed was the payment slot and hoped for the best. Out came the parking ticket with the parking fee of RM3.00 printed on the ticket and also RM2.00 change.

Actually there is a small panel with a touch-screen menu like those you see in a bank ATM machine located off-side to the right and a little behind the main machine. I presume that you are supposed to poke around the screen menu options and make the appropriate selections before you make your payment. I only saw it after I backed away and walked past the machine to look for my car.

Shouldn't the machine designer simplify and automate the whole process by eliminating the need for a screen menu selection process and place all the indicators in one place on the main panel ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...