Get snow effect

Sunday, July 15, 2012

13 th Malaysia Aikido Seminar



Seeing the student struggling to remember and shape the forms of the no #2 aiki ken set as he was trying to recollect the entire set of movements in one go I asked him to copy my movements counting slowly and audibly after me and to pause briefly after each count before continuing with the next movement. 

One, two, three, four, five, six and seven! After some time when he succeeded in remembering each small incremental step from the first to the seventh count he was able to string the separate movements to complete the whole set of the seven step movements of the no #2 aiki ken. 

It also help to boost his confidence further when I asked him to copy my movements firstly as the Uketachi and secondly as the Uchitachi, also counting verbally and audibly with a brief pause in between counts before proceeding with the succeeding movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...