Get snow effect

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Unsatisfactory footing construction.


The six excavations in the ground are for the construction for the footings. However though the number of footings and their depths below the surface are correct the dimension of each is different from what I had designed. I could not remember the dimension of each individual footing but looking at the size of the excavations I was sure that some of them were undersized.

Either the workers didn't read the construction drawings properly or they didn't understand the details. Maybe they didn't care at all other than just dug a hole in the ground.

I asked Chan to bring out the sketches so that I could explain to him in detail what I wanted. He said he didn't have the sketches with him as they were with his sub-contractor who was on leave.

I was thoroughly disappointed with Chan's lack of professionalism. What can you expect from a China-man type of contractor other than to keep on monitoring his performance.

"Meet me at the site tomorrow morning at 11.00am so that i can explain in detail with the sketches what is required to be done ", I told Chan matter-of-factly.

I hope that I have a spare copy of the sketches with me in my bag, otherwise I will have to ask him to meet me on Mon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...