Get snow effect

Sunday, June 15, 2014

A window to the past



Just completed mounting the new "Orient" wall clock on the wall. At a time like this I wish that I was a 6-footer so that I didn't need to climb a ladder to mount the clock

To most people a clock is just a time piece to tell the time. To me a clock is like a window to my past.

In my growing up years as a boy I lived with my grand mother in a shop-house in Ipoh surrounded by watches and clocks. At that time all my grand mother's sons,who were my uncles, were tradesmen dealing with the sale and repair of watches and clocks. After school although I had no interest in the watch and clock business I would dutifully obliged my two uncles to help out in attending to customers at the counter.

Now the watch and clock business is no more. After my grandmother and uncles passed away none of their descendents wanted to take over the business.

I am surprised that the Japan-made brand "Orient" which existed in the 1960s when I was still a school boy is still in the market today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...