Get snow effect

Friday, July 05, 2013

The making of a DIY flyer for the Melaka wedding function


Wedding Flyer
Most of my friends would have thought that, with my daughter's wedding dinner done with last Saturday I can now afford to sit back for a lay-back lifestyle. Well, that is not going to happen, at least until the end of this week.

Mindful of the wedding ceremony and dinner that is going to be hosted by my son-in-law's family in Malacca over the weekend I am working feverishly to compile the Malacca wedding programne for the benefit of my 12 relatives who are invited to attend the church wedding ceremony and the traditional Chinese wedding dinner on Sunday 7/7/2013.

Being the coordinator of the event it is my job to ensure that everything goes smoothly according to plan. Thus I have kept myself busy liaising with the groom's family over the fine details of the church ceremony and the dinner arrangement.

To ensure all the invited guests are informed of the itinerary I thought that just making calls over the phone and sending sms messages are not enough. So I decided to make a flyer so that all the necessary information is recorded in writing. At the very least the flyer should provide the reader clear information on the event dates, venue and schedule, maps, images of the wedding invitation card, GPS locations of the guest house, church, the groom's house and the Chinese restaurant and some explanatory comments on what to do and not to do.

The result is a flyer consisting of a two page A4 size tabloid sheet that I designed with the aid of the MS Excel spreadsheet programne. To enhance the appearance of the flyer and to give it a professional look I inserted a snapshot of Nicholas and Amy and an image of the church ceremony programne on the first page. Satisfied that everything is in order in the flyer I then digitised it and sent copies of it to all the invited guests via FB for their reference.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...