Get snow effect

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Firing up the new Samsung Tab 2 10.1 tablet


Eying the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 tablet lying inside the paper box container on the table, I decided that today I could no longer ignore its existence and pretended that it never existed.

My daughter gave me and my wife the Samsung tablet as a parting gift for bringing her up in life as her parents during the church wedding ceremony on Sunday. After returning home the next day on Monday, I just left it on the desk as I was too tired to open the package.

After opening the box and on inspection I found the following items:- a short length of USB cable, the rectangular tablet device, a power supply adapter, a skimpy user manual and a black plastic casing.

As I have never laid hands on a tablet before, I had no idea how to mount the tablet on the casing, plug the USB cable to the power adapter and the device. The user manual was so skimpy on details that even after reading it a few times I still had no clear idea how to activate the tablet. All I knew was that I had to charge the device first before I could operate it. However I was faced with the challenge of deciding how many hours it should take to charge the battery as the user manual is silent on the charging duration for new devices.

Not sure what to do and wary of damaging the device, I sent the whole morning of Tuesday searching online for information on how to get started with the tablet. Fortunately there are tons of FAQ and advices on the Samsung tablet available in the internet.

Then today I decided that I could no longer pretend that the tablet is non-existing. Armed with the downloaded user manual and referring to online resources, and also fortifying myself with resolve I managed to fire up the device and activate the wi-fi internet service with success after lots of trial and error tinkering with the tablets's Android operating system, applications and widgets. About 5 hours of the process was taken up just charging the empty batteries to full capacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...