Get snow effect

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Old age is just a number



In my way of thinking the often seen phrase "old age is just a number" means that to someone who may be old but feels, acts and think as a young person actual biological age is not important.

I just found out today that my old age number
is No #9. Here's the story.

I and my wife were at the bank this morning. After filling up some forms the petite lady customer service officer told me that I need not take a number nor queue up for service and directed me to go straight to counter No #10 to complete my banking transaction. At counter no. #10 the bank officer said I should go to counter no. #9. So off I reported dutifully to counter No #9.

The big metal plaque put up at counter No #9 has the following words stenciled oi its surface in bold red letters

"Special Counter No #9 for senior citizens. disabled persons, and pregnant women only"

So now I am reminded by the world, no less the bank, that my number is No #9, sharing the same honour with disabled persons and pregnant ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...