Get snow effect

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Reversing the car into a roadside ditch in the pitch darkness of the night

Wheel realignment and
balancing work to the MyVi
Last night my car landed in the roadside ditch near the house. The driver didn't notice the ditch at the rear and reversed the car smack into it. Fortunately the car didn't turn over and the driver was unhurt albeit she was shaken by the experience.The grass slope at the ditch provided a soft landing.

After some calls I managed to get a tow truck to pull the MyVi out of the ditch. Except for some scratches on the front and back fenders the car is relatively intact with no other damages. Neighbours who gathered around the scene were generally sympathetic and helpful. Other bystanders left the scene after they realised that it was just a minor accident. I was thankful that the driver of the toll truck didn't charge me any fees for the service as the toll company is affiliated to the firm where I insure the car.

In the morning I sent the car to my regular workshop for a check up. Other than the alignment problem and the scratches there is no other damage to the car body. Knowing that it could have been more serious I gladly pay the shop RM44 for the wheel realignment and balancing service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...