Get snow effect

Monday, August 22, 2011

Saw a road accident

3.oo pm. On my way to a site meeting in Subang.

Thinking of bypassing the traffic snarl along Jln Loke Yew I turned left into a slip road to exit into the Seremban Highway.

The situation there was even worse than in Jln Loke Yew. The vehicles were bumper to bumper moving at a snail's pace.

I was wondering why at 3.30pm there were so many vehicles on the road and it wasn't even raining. Either an auto accident had caused the traffic congestion or some other roads feeding to this highway were blocked, I reasoned.

Then after about 30 minutes of start and stop driving I heard the sound of ambulance sirens from the rear and saw some police outriders waving the drivers to make way. Yes a fatal auto-accident had occurred at the head of the long queue of vehicles, I concluded.

As I cruised pass the scene I saw about 3 to 4 cars and a van involved in a pile up. A red colour and badly smashed saloon car and the van had fallen into a ditch. There were two ambulances standing by and I saw paramedics carrying an injured motorist into the ambulance. There were 3 policemen directing traffic and a group of tow truck operators were mulling around the damaged vehicles. Curious motorists slowed down their vehicles to look contributing to the congestion. On the opposite side of the highways motorists were also slowing down to observe the going ons.

The presence of so many tow truck operators all of them talking into their walkie- talkies reminds me of vultures circling and stalking their victim waiting for the right moment to attack. To these people auto-accidents mean big business, and I wonder if they have any compassionate feelings for the accident victims.

By the time I drove past the scene my wrist watch registered the time of 4.00pm. I would probably need one hour to reach Subang from that point onwards. Realising that it would be pointless to meet I called ahead to cancel the meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...