Get snow effect

Sunday, October 05, 2014

Learning from loosing


Pushing hands in the park

Glad to be back in the park grappling with the guys after being out of action for about a month.

September was indeed a busy month for me. Illness, injury, rain, wedding dinners, outstation trips and attending to social functions and obligations that took up all the Saturdays and Sundays of last month kept me away from the sport.

Although I lost all the matches this morning to my more younger, heavier, experienced and stronger opponents nevertheless I was quite happy with the results. I felt that gradually I was giving them a harder time to pushing, uprooting and taking me down than before, probably because as time goes bye I gain more and more experience in handling the opposition with more "Yi" rather than reliance on muscular strength.

Thanks to wearing knee guards, other than general fatigue of the body and hands and some soreness and stiffness of my legs my weak knees were holding up well against all the power pushings and shovings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...