Get snow effect

Sunday, January 26, 2014

My first potted plant drawing using MS Excel


All I wanted to do was to google for an online tutorial on how to create column load and moment interaction charts with MS Excel for my office engineering design work, but instead I stumbled upon a tutorial about creating vector artwork using Excel. 

I am sure many Excel users are aware of drawing tools in Excel for drawing common geometrical objects and shapes eg rectangles, ellipses, circles, arrows, straight and curve lines, etc. 

However how to use Excel's freeform drawing tool to create all kinds of artwork is not fully explained in the program's help documentation. 

The picture above is my first attempt in drawing and painting a picture of a potted plant using Excel. And I'm completely awed by this hitherto little known artistic capability of this widely used spreadsheet program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...