Get snow effect

Monday, October 28, 2013

Despite the sugar subsidy cut this mamak is holding fast to his old food prices, but for how long?



Waiting for the mechanic to complete the scheduled lubrication service to the MyVi the fragrant smell of curry spices and hunger pangs lured me to the mamak stall next door.

"Berapa?" I asked the stall operator after finishing my order of a piece of roti canai bread and teh o kosong. The mechanic had signaled me that he had finished the lub service job, so I had to collect my car from the workshop.

"Dua ringgit." I paid the same amount for the two items during my last lub service here about 3 months ago.

Since the government has cut sugar subsidy I wonder for how long this mamak is going to hold his price steady. Meanwhile today the Chinese vegetarian restaurant in town lost no time in charging me RM5 for a plate of mixed rice. I remember the last time I went there I paid about RM4 for similar fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...