Get snow effect

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Squirel crossing



About 15 m away where I was standing on the asphalt in front of my house, a squirrel was making its way across the road. Scurrying half way across the road, it stopped momentarily on its tracks to look left, right and behind, as if weary of oncoming traffic and other threats to its survival.

With brownish fur, big tail, small black beady eyes, and a slender body it looks like a sausage with wheels from afar. I don't think it saw me as I was too far away from his limited vision. Then when it perceived that the coast was clear it jumped off the road onto the flat tire of one of the two rear wheels of a long-abandoned rusting truck and then disappeared into the dark shadows of the truck's innards.

I wonder in the urban landscape where it came from and where it was going. Thanks for the showtime Mr Squirrel and have a good day yourself too. By the way beware of the many stray dogs roaming the streets in my neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...