Get snow effect

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Loose gear stick



On my way to work in the morning rush hour the gear stick of the manual transmission system of the Kancil suddenly came loose without warning. A most worrying experience. Although the car was still moving shifting gears became uncontrollable and unpredictable. Alarmed that the gear box might be breaking down, at the nearest traffic junction made a u-turn back to Kajang and drove straight to my regular auto workshop.

The mechanic there told me that the metal pin that locks the bolt connecting the bottom of the gear stick to the gear stick cable was broken and nothing wrong with the gear box mechanism. It took him less than 10 minutes to fit a new pin although he had to crawl below the car's undercarriage to get the job done.

"How much?", I asked the mechanic with relief that the gear box wasn't the problem..

"FOC. it was just a simple procedure of inserting a new lock pin to replace the broken one." he said cheerfully.

"Thank you so much."

As I pulled away from the garage I was filled with gratitude at his honesty and that he didn't try to rip me off many hundreds of ringgits by suggesting a gear box repair or replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...