Get snow effect

Friday, March 13, 2015

BR1M rejection appeal

BR1M 2015 Logo
Second Visit To LHDN
I decided to return to LHDN Cheras today after failing to submit my appeal for reconsideration of BR1M yesterday.

My appeal was rejected because the woman officer handling my case insisted that I submit my 2014 KWSP statement to show evidence of cessation of monthly contribution and submit a form signed by my wife declaring that that she has no monthly income. Apparently the letter from WBSB, my last employer, accepting my resignation with effect from July 2014 was not sufficient for her.


Counter #05
However today Anna, my wife decided to go to the LHDN office in Cheras with me. Compared to yesterday the reception hall was quite empty of visitors. I saw many officers managing the counters having nothing to do. After stepping inside the reception centre on the ground floor we proceeded straight away to Counter #05.

Almost Empty Reception Centre

I wanted to avoid meeting the same woman officer who attended to me yesterday. She didn't come across as customer friendly. As bad luck would have it her male colleague sitting beside her was busy attending to a visitor and the woman officer who was free was reading a newspaper leaving me with no choice but to deal with her. As I approached her for assistance she appeared to reconise me from my first visit.

After going through all the paper documents, including my WKSP statement she finally agree to accept my application by endorsing the first page with a date and a BR1M stamp. She told me to expect for a decision from LHDN by May. If there is no response by May I am supposed to check with LHDN for the status of my appeal application.

After insisting on an acknowledgement of my application she relented by stamping the LHDN email with a date and LHDN stamp but no signature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...