Get snow effect

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Restart Putrajaya Aikido


Received a surprised call from V in the office at about 4.30pm.

"We have received permission from our department head to use one of the 2nd floor rooms for Aikido training. Can we resume Aikido class starting on Tue next week?" V spoke in Malay on the other end of the line.

"OK sure can do. We can resume the regular class starting our training as usual at 8.00pm." That was my reply, responding likewise in Malay and also trying my best to mask my lack of enthusiasm.

After a break of almost 6 months I didn't expect them to want to do Aikido again.

When V first mentioned to me last Nov about looking for an alternative room I didn't think they were serious. So as not to sound so unappreciative I just went along and told him that I would continue to teach them the art if they could find a new venue to practice. After a while of no contact since that last conversation with V  I decided that the new class was not going to happen anytime soon. With that in mind I then made the decision switch the Thur class to Wed in INTi.

Here it goes again. Come next Tue I will go straight to Putrajaya from my office after work. I hope this time the response will be less lukewarm as last year.

3 comments:

  1. Farrah11:05 am

    Hi! I am staying in Putrajaya and am looking for Aikido class to enrol my kids. I would really appreciate if you could share more info on this. Thank you so much in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Farah
    Due to low student participation the Putrajaya Aikido class has shut down. However if you want your kids to pursue Aikido training the next dojo nearest to your residence in Putrajaya is Heaven & Earth Dojo in Bandar Putri Puchong (near Giant Supermarket). Low Sensei is the chief instructor of this particular dojo and he operates a morning class for kids on Sat 10.30am to 12.00pm. Low Sensei's contact number is : 016-221 6138

    Thanks for reading this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Farrah3:06 pm

    Hi Allen,
    Ya we saw the Bdr Putri Puchong dojo before. Thank you so much for the contact! Will save it for future reference. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...