Get snow effect

Wednesday, May 23, 2012



TThinking out of the box

Just last Fri I felt like butting my head against a stone wall. The architectural design of the 3-level penthouse that is sitting pretty on top of a 12 storey luxury condo is so fanciful, weird and unconventional that I had no idea how to engineer, organise and arrange the structural columns and in a gesture of despair just threw my hands up in the air. Then yesterday and today after trying all sorts of structural arrangements using paper, pencil, ball pen, eraser, correction fluid, and a high-lighter I managed to develop an engineering model capable of complementing the architectural design and yet makes sense structurally. I don't know how I did it. I can only attribute it to one thing: in the not-knowing, there arises the freedom to respond appropriately to whatever the situation requires. Some people call it thinking out of the box, or whatever.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, sometimes solutions do arrive unexpectedly.
    Perhaps the more relaxed we are, the more ideas flow in. I noticed when I am tensed, I cannot think well- would rather take a walk to relax the mind and come back to tackle the task at hand.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...